Wednesday, June 9, 2010

sad day for cobbers

I am so saddened today by the sudden death of my college president. At only 65, she died from a stroke early this morning. President J came my senior year of college, the first female president in Concordia's 120 year history. Her vision of Concordia's future is inspiring; and she did great work moving a rather conservative Lutheran school forward. I have been privileged to work at my alma mater under her leadership for the past five years, and I have great hope for our future. I pray that our next president will continue her good work.

This news hit me especially hard today, at the conclusion of a five-day VERY intense leadership conference for women. (More on that later...it was one of the most incredible experiences of my life.) To lose such a progressive female leader is devastating. My heart is sad tonight.

I realize this will mean very little to anyone who reads this, but these emotions are weighing heavily on me right now. I suppose they are augmented by the fact that I'm exhausted, over-stimulated, motivated and pondering so many opportunities.

Soli Deo Gloria.

0 kind words:

Post a Comment